I think I am just now able to finally write about Lincoln's preschool. It has been a really hard year and I think it is going to end on a much more positive note then it started :) Preschool was really hard for the both of us. (let us not forget that the poor little guy moved to a new house, three weeks later had a baby brother and then three weeks later got left for the first time) As many of you know I am not used to leaving Lincoln and he is not used to being left (nor do either of us like it). So for me to trust and for him to stay were two very LARGE steps. It took months for us both to feel at ease with preschool. I think I left in tears and left him in tears for the first month. NOT FUN! When he was there he would act out in hopes to be able to come home. Smart little cookie! Anyway.....what started out so horribly has a great ending. He very much enjoys going...and has learned a lot!! He is very ready to come home after, but does not bat an eye about going. It has been fun for me to meet other parents and to be involved with him and his class. His teachers are amazing and have loved him and made him feel so secure. I am very much ready to pick him up at 11...but baby steps are good:) On his leader day he gets to bring show and tell, bring the snack and me and Beckett get to stay. It is a lot of fun to watch how much he has grown and matured in the past few months. He even stays and ENJOYS junior church!!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment