Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lincoln 3 1/2 (almost four)

Hard to believe our baby will be four next month, brings tears to my eyes to think about how fast the time has gone! I think if I were to use four words to sum up Lincoln (if that is possible) they would be loving, sensitive, HUGE imagination, and strong-willed. He absolutely loves to play dress up and pretend that we are somewhere different or make a car, boat, worker place out of our couch and garage. It is so fun to watch his BIG imagination at work. He is so creative! He loves to put on worker clothes and go to "work". He is very observant too, he does not miss a thing. When he goes to work it is almost a complete replica of the things that matt does. He still loves to do art projects and read books too. He will sit through book after book, but does not love to watch a lot of TV. His favorite shows would be Max & Ruby, Clifford, Busy Town Mistery, Little Bear & Berenstein Bears. He still likes playmobile (although has taken a big break from it). Loves to play outside and LOVES to dig in the mud!! He loves textures like water, playdough, floam, mud, shaving cream, bubbles..exc. He is very opinionated!! He knows exactly what he wants to wear and it is hard to change his mind. He likes to wear gloves and hats with his outfits. Right now his favorite thing is his new "army man" pants and a blue jeep/dinosaur shirt. He LOVES boots, and that is an understatement!! That is a battle we pick often because he has orthodix and he should be wearing in his tennis shoes because of his flat feet. He loves to cook or help out with anything that makes him feel "big". He often says " from when I was a little boy i used to..." He is an amazing big brother and rarely acts out with Beckett. It has been a hard adjustment sharing the attention, but the only times it seems to bother him is when someone only pays attention to Beckett (then he will act out to B). We are going through a very strong-willed phase right now and I just hope that we can shape it so that it will be used in the right ways for the future. At times it can be difficult..but I tell myself that in the future it may work for his benefit when not caving to peer pressure. Some of my favorite things he says are "mine can do it", ninger (finger), he likes to find things and say "you didn't know where that was?", lemote (remote), "Yep! mine did". I can not think of everything right now!! i am sure I will add more later....but wanted to give a little Lincoln update. This boy has a very BIG sensitive heart and the love I feel for him can not be expressed in words. Although three's have been our hardest year with him, I would not take a minute back!!! I thank God every night for blessing me with just an amazing child :)

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

What a sweet little boy. Lincoln is very special:) He keeps getting more handsome each time I see a picture. By the way loved each picture on here, exspecially the brother pictures. Melt my heart. You and Matt are amazing parents! Keep up the blogging you have a very happy Aunt up North:) Kisses and hugs to you all