Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day and Lincoln's Doctors appointment

For Labor Day Matt, Lincoln and I went camping with my family. My grandparents rent a cabin every year and it is only about an hour away from us. It was such an amazing time!! Last time we went Lincoln was kind of fussy, but this time he was an angel! He even slept in the tent with Matthew and I all three nights. It was adorable. He was definitely the center of attention the whole time and of course he loved that. He was so happy the whole weekend. I am sure it helped he had an audience for everything he did. I do not think that I changed a diaper the whole time I was there. It was also nice because Matthew and I got some time alone in the boat fishing. The only bad part was leaving, I wish we lived closer to my family.

Now for Lincoln's Doctor's appointment.....
He now weighs 18 lbs. 4 oz. and is 27 1/2 inches long!!! This puts him in the 90% for height and 75% for weight. Last time he was 90% in both, so it seems he has thinned out a little bit. He was all smiles for Dr. Ransdell which for Lincoln is a big deal (he normally will not put his bottom lip in when strangers talk to him) He talked and laughed the whole time!! The doctor said that he is one of the healthiest babies he has seen and can not believe how ahead of his age developmentally he is. He started him on baby cereal and said that when we wanted we could start vegetables, but not to cut out any breast feeding. He still eats every 2 - 2 1/2 hours, and takes about 2 or 3 30 minute naps a day. He is such a happy baby!! We are very blessed, and I could not be happier being able to stay home with him.

I did not get a lot of picture because my camera died when we got there, but my mom got a lot of pictures so I will get them from her and post them later. We are going to Pittsburgh this weekend to so Matthew's good friend and to take Lincoln to his first Cubs game. I am sure when I get back I will have A LOT of pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, but I can't wait to see the pictures!!!